- What to Know:
- Download the picture > Select about This Mac > go to Displays > select save image > Adjust Size > Click OK > Go over to Folder > Select go > drag the image > hit Replace
If you’re looking for instructions on how to change lock screen on MacBook, you’ve arrived at the correct spot. I’ll show you how to accomplish precisely that in this post. When you’re not using your Mac, the best approach to secure your data and prevent unauthorized people from looking around is to enable a lock screen. If you currently lock your Mac on a daily basis and want to make it more personal, start by changing the lock screen to a photo of your choice.
How to change lock screen on MacBook
Step By Step Guidance:
- To begin, you’ll need to first download the picture you want to use for your personalized lock screen and scale it down to fit your Mac’s resolution. Once you’ve saved the image you wish to utilize, follow other steps.
- Select About This Mac from the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen.
- To find out what your screen’s resolution is, go to Displays.
- In Preview, select your saved image and click to Tools, then Adjust Size.
- Click OK after adjusting the pixels to fit the resolution of your screen.
- Create a PNG file with the name com.apple.desktop.admin.
- Go over to Folder in the dropdown menu at the top of the window after opening Finder.
- Select go after copying and pasting /Library/Caches into the pop-up box.
- When asked, drag the image you want for your new lock screen into the Caches folder and hit Replace.
- You’ll see the picture you choose the next moment you lock your computer.
How to Turn Off Mac’s Lock Screen
A lock screen might be inconvenient at times, especially if you work at home and aren’t concerned about anyone tampering with your computer. If this is the case, you can turn off Mac’s lock screen.
Step By Step Guidance:
- Select System Preferences from the Apple symbol in the top left corner of the screen.
- Pick Security & Privacy from the drop-down menu.
- Choose to require a password from the drop-down option.
- Tap Turn off Screen Lock when asked.
- You won’t be faced with a lock screen when your computer restarts. Instead, you may go back to doing what you were doing before.
On a Mac, how to modify the screen lock time?
Choose System Preferences than go to Desktop & Screen Saver from the Apple menu. Set the amount of time you wish to wait before the screen saver starts by clicking the Screen Saver option, then selecting Start After. You have the option of selecting never or 1 to 30 mins.
To get more information visit this link below: